Friday, July 06, 2012

Some more lunch and dinner menus

My cooking has been on full flow ever since we moved to NZ and I am loving it! (so far).  I have been reading up on some great food blogs and trying out new recipes. 


Looking forward to many more food blogs and recipes and cooking some healthy and nutritious food for my family!!


Some notable menus/new recipes that I tried in the last few weeks are -


Fettuccine with Tomato and Basil from Archana's Kitchen - See detailed post here - Awesome recipe!! 






# Pizza with home made tomato basil sauce - The sauce had fresh tomatoes, a lil tomato paste, basil and garlic. The toppings were green bell peppers, onions, broccoli and shredded cheese. My 3 and 1/2 year old helped in topping the uncooked pizzas with the veggies and he loved doing that! Click here to see pictures of our pizzas :) 






# Pasta with basil pesto sauce - Basil pesto is my all time favorite (almost there with peanut butter). And I can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! So it was a simple pasta boiled separately; some olive oil, garlic, broccoli, carrots and peas sauteed for a bit, added to the basil pesto sauce (store bought) and then mixed with the pasta. The kid and the hubby enjoyed it too!


Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad from in pursuit of more - Loved it! I have never had Brussels sprouts in any from before this and this was a totally healthy and yummy thing to start with. 


The tastiest Guacamole from Fork and Beans. Might I add "simplest sounding recipe" too!


# Beetroot rice from Archana's Kitchen with coriander raita - An unexpected, colourful, tasty meal! 


Grilled chilly pepper toast from Archana's Kitchen - mouthwatering, comfort snack and super quick to make. 








# Minestrone soup with pasta - used it as a baked casserole the next day for lunch!


I had picked up a big bundle of spinach from the farmer's market and used it 3 ways over the week - 
1) Spinach rice from Archana's Kitchen - I served it for dinner with chana daal (gram pulses/lentils) spiced with a cumin and garam masala flavour and a salad of cucumber and tomatoes with a dash of salt and fresh black pepper. 



2) Potato spinach vegetable from Archana's Kitchen. 


3) Spinach and Sweet potato (kumara) patties - A very nice way to incorporate some sweet potato and spinach into the diet. The kid lapped them up and so did the hubby. 


*******************************************************************************


And then there are some recipes from other blogs that I have to, have to, try. Some of them are - 


Garden Pasta Salad from Fork and Beans.
Potato thyme rolls from Archana's Kitchen. 
Bread baskets filled with mushroom and cheese from Archana's Kitchen.
Roasted red pepper and walnut pesto from Girlichef. 
Carrot cake from The Faux Martha. 
Zesty Mexican Quinoa Salad from The Faux Martha.
No-Rise Pizza Crust from The Faux Martha.
Thai Stir Fry from The Faux Martha - I love Thai food!!
Spinach Pesto from The Faux Martha - I love pestos too!!
Apple Crisp from The Faux Martha.
Strawberry Shortcake from The Faux Martha.
Leo's Healthy Scrambled Tofu from Zen Habits Offloaded.
Rice Paper Veggie rolls from in pursuit of more


Oh and I am itching to do some baking! Need to make some apple pies, muffins, cupcakes and cakes!! Just can't wait to start doing that soon. 


Happy Weekend people!! 

















7 comments:

  1. WOW...just WOW!!! look at those mouth-watering pictures! You've certainly been cooking up a riot..simply droolicious...
    congrats, way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Uma!! Long time! I agree have been cooking a lot and its fun so far :) How have you been? I have been so lazy in going out and reading other blogs, will start on that asap!

      Delete
  2. hey I will try this spinach rice this weekend ..looks tasty !! happy cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amrita! sure, try that. Its easy and healthy too :)

      Delete
  3. drool :) everything looks amazing Simran!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling!! ;) Making use of the time I have!

      Delete
  4. Wow Simo.. I am just discovering all these posts. Thanks for the mentions babe. That is absolutely sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I would love to know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...